Braille Library & Transcribing Services, Inc.
formerly Volunteer Braillists & Tapists, Inc.
UEB Print Braille
Braille Library & Transcribing
library requests or general questions
Board of Directors:Patricia Herrling
Office Staff:Aaron Konkol
Lending Library Policies
(last updated 5/18/2020)Braille Library and Transcribing Services, Inc.'s Lending Library provides a wide array of brailled material that may be checked out. In order to serve all our patrons, the following policies have been established. Compliance with these few rules ensures that all borrowers will have equal access to our library.
1. All materials are checked out for two months and can be renewed if there are no names on the waiting list. Please contact BLTS before the due date to renew a book.
2. Materials for use in schools may be checked out for the academic semester (Sept-Dec or Jan-May) and can be renewed if there are no names on the waiting list.
3. New titles will be sent when previously checked out volumes are returned. Patrons may receive one to two adult and three to five print/braille titles per shipment. To return, reverse the mailing card on the front of the box. These materials are sent Free Matter for the Blind.
4. All materials are to be returned in the same boxes and condition as when they were sent out. However, we appreciate being notified of any accidental damages to the books.
5. Most materials can be made available for purchase. Please contact BLTS to check on availability and pricing. Library copies of print/braille books are not for sale.
6. If library books are not returned in a timely manner, borrowing privileges will be lost until all materials are returned or paid for.
7. Please notify BLTS as soon as possible if there is a change of address.
Any questions you have should be directed to BLTS: email@example.com or 608-233-0222